3/5/2013 10:29:00 AM
This is a recipe for Black Bean/Cream Cheese/Chicken in the crockpot... or as my 4-year old daughter named it... "Adios"
2-4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, you can use some thighs too if you want.
2 can black beans, drained
1 can corn, drained
1 -15 oz jar of your favorite salsa or can of tomatoes
4 oz fat free or low fat cream cheese
A Pinch of Salt & Pepper
A couple of dashes of Taco seasoning
Drizzle of Olive Oil
Line your crockpot with cookings spray and place chicken in (You can add beans and corn in now too if you want, but I found that adding them 1/2 through if you can works better, if you won't be around then go ahead and place them all in)
Cook on low for 8 hours
Place all ingredients EXCEPT for cream cheese in the crockpot (yes, the chicken goes in ...
No Bake - Protein Energy Bites
8/29/2012 2:55:00 PM
I made these for our office potluck today and they seemed to be hit! I already knew they were a hit at home, my daughter and I inhale these when I make them!
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal
- 1/2 cup organic crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 scoop chocolate or vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Dates or Raisins (or both
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
(You can also add things like chocolate chips or coconut flakes)
- In a mixing bowl, stir all ingredients together.
- Place bowl in the refrigerator and chill for half an hour.
- Once chilled, use a spoon and scoop into balls of whatever size you would like.
- Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week. (or so they say, eat them all quickly) Also you can store them in the freezer!
Apple & Beet Salad
2/23/2012 5:05:00 PM
This is pretty yummy, easy and good for you!
* Beets (I used canned)
* One Chopped up large apple
* 1/4 cup of balsamic vinaigrette
* Small handfull crushed peanuts
* a pinch of garlic powder and a pinch of seasoning salt
...Toss... refrigerate for like 10 mins or so... done!